Avon Products - They are not transparent with their representatives on charges made to their accounts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avon Products

"They are not transparent with their representatives on charges made to their accounts"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Avon Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products and you get to work at your own pace and time

Cons

The system Is not transparent.For any campaign that you do not make an order for,you are charged!.The billing system is very crafty.They present a low total amount at checkout but,when your invoice is sent,they embed several charges by which time the order may have shipped thereby putting your balance in a negative.Most times,Iended up paying the difference frommypocket because you look stupid if you go back to the customer that the price you originally gave her isnt actually the price.you are even charged for samples,you pay to be a representative,you pay to work for Avon.its not worth it at all,its better to sleep than take on this loss because it isnt a job to say the least

Advice to Management

Stop exploiting your representatives,,have some transparency;let ppl know the actual total figure of an order ,if there are additional charges,pls let it appear on thescreen not after the order has been processed,it doesnt show class,it reflects craftiness and desperation!!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products

"The Company just isn't what it use to be."

Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun products, feel good about helping people, good prices for customers - easy sales

Cons

Management heavy, work load greater than salary. They say there is bonus opportunity - but the company is declining rapidly and there have been no bonuses for quit awhile.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the rules every two weeks. Put focus back on helping Representatives make money with sales and not all about recruiting for more Reps! Too much money spent on Conferences to get the managers excited when they could give us each $500 to get us excited!

2. "I enjoy it as I'm my own boss."

Current Employee - Avon Representative in Bloomfield, IA
    Current Employee - Avon Representative in Bloomfield, IA

I have been working at Avon Products part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can work as much or as little as I want. I have good support from my managers.

Cons

Sometimes get pressured to get more orders when the economy is in bad shape.