Avon Products - Auditor | Glassdoor

"Auditor"

Former Employee - Auditor in Springdale, OH
Former Employee - Auditor in Springdale, OH

I worked at Avon Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think the pay and benefits are better than most companies. I liked all of the people I worked with.

Cons

Most supervisors and HR play favorites when it comes to job duties and job promotions. I also was disappointed in a lot of overtime.

Advice to Management

The management needs to be more fair.

Other Employee Reviews for Avon Products

1. "Nice people, may be too nice..."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good work environment. Nice People. Global company, hence great place to get some global experience and getting exposed to the emerging markets.

Cons

Business model has its weaknesses and they're not easy to fix, which will result in on-going volatility if not addressed.

"Global Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Avon Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Avon gives you the title and they pay decent for someone younger making it into management. However you better come in at the level that you want. Promotions are rare.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. How this place survives is beyond me. I went through over 10 marketers in one year due to the high turnover all across Avon. If you have been there two years then consider yourself a veteran. They have old systems and rely heavily on excel. You work long hours, get no appreciation, no promotions, etc. Being in management here was impossible. They want to recruit the best talent but give the people tedious, long hour repetitive work that demoralizes the best talent. This company just spits out products every two weeks and people management is not on their list of responsibility.

Advice to Management

GO AWAY. You took a multi-billion dollar company and did not evolve it since the internet came forward. It takes two weeks from the time a product is ordered to when it is delivered. Meanwhile on Amazon you can free two day shipping on competitive brands. The business model needs to change tremendously along with more emphasis being placed on talent retention. Soon after I left the CEO was removed. You don't want to work here.