Avtec - Great Company to Work For | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Avtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Avtec has some great people and a very family-like feel to it. Smaller company lets employees develop close relationships with each other which increases productivity and leads to an overall sense of comradery. We have monthly company meetings with food and music where we get to take a break and spend time doing something fun together. Avtec has a great mission and it is fulfilling to be part of the production of... a product that has so much impact on others. It's great to know that I can approach anyone with concerns or suggestions (includes CEO). My department is very supportive and I know that I can always ask for help or advice from my team. CEO is very generous in supporting employees and helping out the local community.

Cons

Lots of collaboration sometimes makes decision making slower in a fast-moving environment. However, I think that everyone is ultimately supportive of the result since they were able to have input. Fast-paced environment makes time management and critical thinking a must. The concept of giving and receiving feedback to my team members and manager was uncomfortable for me when I started, but now that I am getting used... to the concept it has ultimately helped.

Advice to Management

Continue to build relationships with your employees.

Avtec2019-02-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company!"

Intern

I have been working at Avtec for more than a year

Pros

Avtec is a great place to work! They put a lot of emphasis on company culture and it really pays off. There is a strong sense of community and people can rely on each other. Managers are very approachable and want to see you succeed.

Cons

Some growing pains but nothing out of the ordinary for an adapting company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Avtec2018-05-14
  2. "Good Company-Bought out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Avtec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are a lot of good people working there, many will bend over backwards to help you! Pay was competitive for the Lexington area

Cons

Sales and Engineering wagged the dog in different directions. The company was bought out by Motorola and Sales took over and people started leaving in droves.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people you have left or there will not be an Avtec to remember.

Avtec2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Avtec.