Axial - House of Cards | Glassdoor

"House of Cards"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Axial full-time

Pros

Reasonably competitive salaries, benefits, 401k, located in beautiful Boulder, CO.

Cons

What do you get if you cross House of Cards and a Digital Agency? Unfortunately, you get Imulus. If you want to work for the Underwoods, this is the place for you. Imulus is now run by management who are as devious as they are ambitious, and who will stab anyone in the back to try to get ahead. The new mission of the organization seems to be to look polished from the outside, despite the fact that things have... been falling apart for at least a year. They want to look bigger than they are, better than they are, and more experienced than they are. Management is willing to step all over people, steal from clients, and lie to 'friends' if it means getting what they want. Nepotism seems to be valued over talent, and is the new ticket to both job security and promotion. This will make it hard for talented new employees to reach top levels of the company. The 100% turnover they had in a year is a good indication of how employees are actually being treated. There have been two rounds of layoffs this year. In January, there was a large round of layoffs. Then Imulus irresponsibly rehired a new set of people... just to lay them off again a few months later. Most who were not laid off have fled the company as fast as they can. The President (who it appears had previously left a positive review on glassdoor) has just recently resigned. Only one of the original three owners is still there. Unfortunately, this is now a hollow shell of a company. I hate to post a negative review like this, but I feel like the truth should be posted somewhere online, for diligent searchers to find. One thing that is for darn sure, is that you won't be hearing the truth from Imulus.

Advice to Management

My advice to the current management is to really evaluate what you are doing, and if you feel good about your decisions when you go home at night. House of Cards is called just that, for a reason.

Axial2015-10-07

Other Employee Reviews

"Wonderful culture, professional and dedicated company"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist and Content Writer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Axial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is made up of people with a variety of skills and experience. This contributes to approaching each product from unique perspectives. Everyone who works at Axial is truly committed to the product, they will do whatever it takes to deliver the best possible product to the client. In terms of culture, it is a very horizontal structure. Everyone's voice is heard and the Directors really value everyone's opinion.... It is professional yet fun; high-expectations but collaborative; and overall a great atmosphere. For the first time I enjoy spending time with my coworkers outside of work!

Cons

Honestly, this is the best place I've worked and I can't think of any criticisms right now! If anything I would say some procedures still need to be solidified, but everyone at the company has a say in determining what these procedures will be, which is a nice feeling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the initiatives to enhance company culture and promote bonding- it's great.

Axial2015-11-20

"Potential client or employee? Be careful."

I worked at Axial full-time

Pros

A few talented developers, good medical and insurance benefits, a good office location in Boulder CO.

Cons

Unfortunately it seems Axial (previously Imulus) has changed their name to try and avoid their previous reputation. I recommend looking at the Imulus reviews on Glassdoor to see this company's true history. A once a great company, that cared deeply about employees and doing great work, is now dead. Their agency-quality website is a 3rd-party paid Wordpress theme called Oshine. And the same management that once... fired people the day they returned from cancer treatment has continued their hurtful practices: deceitfully luring in talented new hires only to remove them months later. The head of operations and now part-owner seems to be learning on the fly, ignoring honest and respectable business practices at every turn (like paying freelancers on time and taking care of small clients). Before becoming a client or employee of Axial I recommend asking around and getting the whole story. Previous employees will be honest and are easy to track down on LinkedIn or Github.

Advice to Management

Come clean, admit your mistakes, and treat people the way you want to be treated.

Axial2016-01-26

Discover more reviews about Axial.