Axial - Wonderful culture, professional and dedicated company | Glassdoor

"Wonderful culture, professional and dedicated company"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist and Content Writer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Axial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is made up of people with a variety of skills and experience. This contributes to approaching each product from unique perspectives. Everyone who works at Axial is truly committed to the product, they will do whatever it takes to deliver the best possible product to the client. In terms of culture, it is a very horizontal structure. Everyone's voice is heard and the Directors really value everyone's opinion.... It is professional yet fun; high-expectations but collaborative; and overall a great atmosphere. For the first time I enjoy spending time with my coworkers outside of work!

Cons

Honestly, this is the best place I've worked and I can't think of any criticisms right now! If anything I would say some procedures still need to be solidified, but everyone at the company has a say in determining what these procedures will be, which is a nice feeling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the initiatives to enhance company culture and promote bonding- it's great.

Axial2015-11-20

Other Employee Reviews

"A rarity in the modern workplace"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Axial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who make up the team are all relatively young and extremely talented good hearted individuals. The benefits are fantastic and the office is new with a prime location on Pearl Street. Management is approachable and genuinely care about the well being of the employees, the brand and the client.

Cons

Transitional period right now as newer leadership takes over and old clients wrapped up. Occasionally the workload can be high but that seems to be about the norm any more at most places.

Advice to Management

Continue being open to suggestions and letting the employees shape procedures for the future

Axial2015-11-21

"Potential client or employee? Be careful."

I worked at Axial full-time

Pros

A few talented developers, good medical and insurance benefits, a good office location in Boulder CO.

Cons

Unfortunately it seems Axial (previously Imulus) has changed their name to try and avoid their previous reputation. I recommend looking at the Imulus reviews on Glassdoor to see this company's true history. A once a great company, that cared deeply about employees and doing great work, is now dead. Their agency-quality website is a 3rd-party paid Wordpress theme called Oshine. And the same management that once... fired people the day they returned from cancer treatment has continued their hurtful practices: deceitfully luring in talented new hires only to remove them months later. The head of operations and now part-owner seems to be learning on the fly, ignoring honest and respectable business practices at every turn (like paying freelancers on time and taking care of small clients). Before becoming a client or employee of Axial I recommend asking around and getting the whole story. Previous employees will be honest and are easy to track down on LinkedIn or Github.

Advice to Management

Come clean, admit your mistakes, and treat people the way you want to be treated.

Axial2016-01-26

Discover more reviews about Axial.