Axial - Gordon Gecko is someone's hero | Glassdoor

"Gordon Gecko is someone's hero"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Axial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful Boulder, reasonable benefits, and a good amount of vacation days.

Cons

How the mighty have fallen, and like AIG, rebranded. What once used to be a great company, has proved that just a few bad apples can wreck a great culture and a good business. I came to Imulus with a great admiration for their integrity, honesty to both clients and employees and a commitment to do excellent work with great people who treated each other like family. You would come in and make life long friends at... Imulus. It was that way for many, many years and then a subtle shift happened when a focus was made on the bottom line rather than taking care of employees and clients. New management scared off or fired current clients in favor of new "big" clients who then rejected them, mainly because they realized they were being lied to. There is still some good talent in the company, however they used to have the two best Umbraco developers in the country, along with an Apple award winner and the creators of retina.js and supportdetails. These have now all left or been let go, leaving mainly people who were previously rejected for employment previously with the company, or fresh new faces who don't know any better. It became apparent that management will get rid of you if you raise any questions about their decisions. If you want to know a bit about the current company, just ask any of the past clients they have listed on their (now templatized wordpress) website such as Rails To Trails, Vail, GE, Boy Scouts etc. The reviews won't be good.

Advice to Management

Realize that greed isn't good and that screwing over your fellow workmates and your clients is no way to run a business.

Axial2015-11-21

Other Employee Reviews

"Wonderful culture, professional and dedicated company"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist and Content Writer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Axial full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is made up of people with a variety of skills and experience. This contributes to approaching each product from unique perspectives. Everyone who works at Axial is truly committed to the product, they will do whatever it takes to deliver the best possible product to the client. In terms of culture, it is a very horizontal structure. Everyone's voice is heard and the Directors really value everyone's opinion.... It is professional yet fun; high-expectations but collaborative; and overall a great atmosphere. For the first time I enjoy spending time with my coworkers outside of work!

Cons

Honestly, this is the best place I've worked and I can't think of any criticisms right now! If anything I would say some procedures still need to be solidified, but everyone at the company has a say in determining what these procedures will be, which is a nice feeling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the initiatives to enhance company culture and promote bonding- it's great.

Axial2015-11-20

"Potential client or employee? Be careful."

I worked at Axial full-time

Pros

A few talented developers, good medical and insurance benefits, a good office location in Boulder CO.

Cons

Unfortunately it seems Axial (previously Imulus) has changed their name to try and avoid their previous reputation. I recommend looking at the Imulus reviews on Glassdoor to see this company's true history. A once a great company, that cared deeply about employees and doing great work, is now dead. Their agency-quality website is a 3rd-party paid Wordpress theme called Oshine. And the same management that once... fired people the day they returned from cancer treatment has continued their hurtful practices: deceitfully luring in talented new hires only to remove them months later. The head of operations and now part-owner seems to be learning on the fly, ignoring honest and respectable business practices at every turn (like paying freelancers on time and taking care of small clients). Before becoming a client or employee of Axial I recommend asking around and getting the whole story. Previous employees will be honest and are easy to track down on LinkedIn or Github.

Advice to Management

Come clean, admit your mistakes, and treat people the way you want to be treated.

Axial2016-01-26

Discover more reviews about Axial.