Aydin Displays, Inc. - Ain't (sic) It a Shame: Senior Management of Aydin Displays Keeps Head in Sand | Glassdoor

"Ain't (sic) It a Shame: Senior Management of Aydin Displays Keeps Head in Sand"

in Birdsboro, PA

I worked at Aydin Displays, Inc.

Pros

Aydin Displays normally offers steady employment. Many small customer orders that require a fast turnaround time tend to create excitement. According to senior management, Aydin Displays will most likely be awarded a military contract of major size (relative to Aydin Displays's typical business) presently.

Cons

Aydin Displays is experiencing cash-flow problems. Among other things, a wage/salary freeze is in effect. More importantly, however, initiative is actively discouraged. Isolation, blowoffs, and blowups are de rigueur. Nanomanaging (i.e., extreme micromanaging) and bullying, even browbeating in response to a question, may be desirable in a military boot-camp setting. But they are most counterproductive for a... business setting like Aydin Displays.

Advice to Management

Senior management should do more than order an apology (so-called: it was insincere). Because the problem manager alluded to above also possesses talents which are valuable to the success of Aydin Displays, I recommend that he/she be relieved of all supervisory duties and "promoted" to an expert-resource position. Otherwise, the revolving-door syndrome will continue.

Aydin Displays, Inc.2008-12-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A good company"

Electronic Technician  in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Aydin Displays, Inc.

Pros

I was afforded ample times to shine as an individual. I was allowed to grow and expand my knowlege. A fairly good benefits package.

Cons

The pay was poor no real income to speek of. Little or no training. Mostly hands on trial and error repair work.

Advice to Management

When the economy turns aroud don't forget to hire back!

Aydin Displays, Inc.2009-07-20
  2. "Overall good company"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Assistant in Birdsboro, PA

I worked at Aydin Displays, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co workers, work-life balance

Cons

not much room to move up

Aydin Displays, Inc.2019-06-13

Discover more reviews about Aydin Displays, Inc..