Ayzenberg - Nice People But Horrible Work-Life Balance And Management | Glassdoor

"Nice People But Horrible Work-Life Balance And Management"

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with here are largely talented and passionate. Most employees are kind and respectful. The office space is great, and in a fantastic location. Free lunch. Easy parking.

Cons

Younger employees are taken advantage of by the higher ups and upper management, who seek to only protect themselves and their salaries. Lower level employees are denied well-deserved raises and promotions in favor of keeping things as they are. The management has no clue how to say no to clients, or know when to push back which results in insane deadlines and unforgiving hours. Some will say this is the life of an agency, but I've worked for plenty of other agencies where this was not the case. Management frequently arrives late and leaves early, while lower level employees get stuck doing the lion's share of the actual work. Unless you're a creative or in the social media department I'd recommend staying away from this place. I'd be very surprised if it's still standing in another 10 years.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Know when to say no to clients and pushback in defense of your own employees. Your employees need a properly balanced life-work ratio, and they're not your workhorses to make the magic happen so you don't have to.

Ayzenberg2019-06-12

Other Employee Reviews

"This Is My 6th Month And I'm Very Happy"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Ayzenberg full-time for less than a year

Pros

Killer creative office environment, filled with natural light, resources, interactive spaces, art, and most importantly, bright and fun idea-generators and executers; great location in Pasadena; free snacks, coffee, good quality tea; paid vacation, health benefits and stock options. I feel valued, understood and rewarded for the work I do.

Cons

There are definitely some passive-aggressive characters in the office, but they are in a minority. There is a slight turnover, but people who are willing to walk that extra mile, collaborate and who are passionate about what we do here, stick around.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Ayzenberg2019-05-28
  2. "It is what you make of it"

Former Employee - Video Producer in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Ayzenberg full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of opportunity to create and make what you want

Cons

the management structure is off balance with workload. Too many of lower level people doing all of the work

Ayzenberg2019-10-23

Discover more reviews about Ayzenberg.