B&R Stores - Overall, I would say that my experience at Super Saver went from good to 'I need a new job fast.' | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for B&R Stores

"Overall, I would say that my experience at Super Saver went from good to 'I need a new job fast.'"

Current Employee - Cashier, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Cashier, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk in Omaha, NE

Pros

Probably the best reason to work at Super saver would be to get minor experience in fields such as meats, produce, baking, and customer service.

Cons

The management of the store is very lack luster when it comes to working with the employees. They do not work very well with the employees and have not been giving hours required to make a living, ie. I went from 40 hours to 8 hours in one week.

Advice to Management

The best piece of advice I would give the management is to actually listen to the employees at the store.

Other Employee Reviews for B&R Stores

1. "B&R Stores"

Pros

You get to meet new people in different departments. You will be trained to do new things. You will also get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

Cons

Pay is lower than Hy Vee, which is their competitor. Stores are almost always understaffed, so that makes it very hard. Management is rather snobbish too.

Advice to Management

This company really emphasizes customer service, but they don't treat their employees as well. Sure, customers provide our paycheck, but without us employees, the customers couldn't get food. So it goes both ways. At this company they like to use the phrase "valued customer" quite a lot but never once did I hear them say "valued employee". Basically I recommend that if a person wants grocery experience, that they try Hy Vee and not B&R.

2. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Grand Island, NE
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Manager in Grand Island, NE

I worked at B&R Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of benefits for employe to take advantage of but you will need to be a full time.

Cons

Has a lot of turnover because a lot of the jobs at the company are college/high students.