BAE Systems USA - Great place to work. A fair employer with intergrity and a progressive outlook. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

"Great place to work. A fair employer with intergrity and a progressive outlook."

Current Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible employer with a progressive approach to running the business while keeping up with the latest organizational development tools and a keen interest in recruiting and retaining talent. Frequent reshuffling keeps a fresh internal environment but takes a toll on employees

Cons

Frequent internal reshuffling mentioned above is a two-edge sword that keeps employees in flux and places a certain stress when it comes to job scurity. Also, salary averages are a little lower than inudstry norm and could use a boost

Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA

"Big company politics and myopic management vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

- Easy to find a quiet corner and half ass your job and pull a steady paycheck till retirement
    - There is a wide variety of work to be had
    - Competitive wages

Cons

- Crappy benefits, especially health insurance
    - In a group that does short projects, management fails to plan properly and eventually they run out of luck and you have to find a new group
    - In a group that does long projects, management fails to plan for the needs of the products a year out, so you're always trying to do a year of work in a month of time.

Advice to Management

Get some vision and plan for more than tomorrow.

"BAE has some serious HR issues with some managers"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have some great products and people

Cons

But their HR and some middle managers are extremely flawed and not fair.

Advice to Management

Clean up (fire) some of these middle managers who think they can decide things for the good of the company and treat people anyway they see fit.

My experience is based on the results of BAE's outsourcing of their IT to CSC then after realizing how much it was costing for the amount of good service they were getting so they brought the CSC IT people back into BAE.

BAE did the worst thing they could, they hired these CSC managers who were providing this terrible service into the new BAE-IT organization where they could continue their bad management.

Even after a few years BAE has still yet to correct these behaviors. These are similar to what Medal of Honor winner Dakota Meyer complained about.

I couldn't take the unfair and politically motivated abuse (like Dakota) that I was getting from my (previously CSC)manager (who already has a track record of bad bad behavior and investigations) and BAE HR did nothing to correct it after I contacted them. So I quit after almost 5 years of service.

A few years later that manager is still there at BAE, still doing the same bad stuff (to other people now).