BAE Systems USA - Steady Pay, Steady Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BAE Systems USA

"Steady Pay, Steady Work"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Merrimack, NH
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the week economy layoffs have been at a minimum. They do not hire at the peaks and layoff at the valleys, instead we endure a little more work during the peaks and that creates job security.

Proud of what I do "we protect those who protect us"

Cons

Benefits used to be a plus, but they have been dying off a bit. They try to compensate with providing a lot of little benefits, events, and perks rather than concentrating on making the valuable perks great.

Compared to the industry, slightly underpaid.

Advice to Management

Get younger employees feedback. Instead of all the 50-60 year old corporate heads making decisions in the company. We just went through a "facelift" and it looks like a doctors office, very sterile, and not at all appealing to the youth.

Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA

1. "Good work, good pay."

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. PTO, health, training, all pretty good. The work was challenging at times and easy at times. Good balance.

Cons

Felt like just a number at times. Pay started out good and got an annual raise like clockwork, but the amount was always the same, 2.4%. Didn't really seem to be merit based. No advancement unless you were in one of the major locations. I was at one of the smaller sites and had no advancement opportunity, otherwise I would have stayed.

Advice to Management

Don't let good employees leave. In this environment, telecommuting will help you keep your performers who want to get ahead.

2. "Like communication with all types of people about technology?"

Former Contractor - Tier I Service Desk Analyst in Sterling, VA
    Former Contractor - Tier I Service Desk Analyst in Sterling, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to assist people in solving both simple and complex problems with technology assets. Use of multiple systems including online reference guide.

Cons

It sometimes gets slow and occasionally nothing to do because all the work has been done by others.

Advice to Management

More communication with employees about possible changes in systems, downtime, and change requests. Additional refresher training on systems and policies.