BAE Systems USA - Overall good experience, but they are rolling back benefits | Glassdoor

"Overall good experience, but they are rolling back benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flex time to let me work when I want to. A 9/80 (or alternative) work schedule to provide 3 day weekends every other week. Good benefits. Great coworkers. Great furniture. Good hierarchy manager and lead structure to allow for help from multiple directions. Everyone is for the warfighter and not for BAE, which focuses us on the customer, not management. 1

Cons

Over the last 4 years BAE has slowly rolled back some great benefits. Weekly to Bi-weekly pay periods and stating there's no cost difference (what about payroll??). First 10 hours over 80 hours are free - we get no pay (4 years ago we did! ). They've removed the best Traditional health insurance program. If you are really good at your job, a golden goose, you'll constantly get pulled back to the same program which... could be great, but if you don't like that program then that will push you out of BAE.

Advice to Management

Ensure your employees are happy where they are, and if they aren't then move them to somewhere they want to go, don't keep giving them raises or promotions to make them stay.

BAE Systems USA2019-10-04
  1. "A Phenomenal Experience"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly

I worked at BAE Systems USA for less than a year

Pros

* Pay: Competitive for an intern. It will vary based upon what year you are at school, but not your major. * Experience: Looking back at it, the projects were a bit simplistic, but they probably had to be in order to work with a internship time line (only two months) * People: The people I worked with were phenomenal! Very personable, and I genuinely enjoyed spending time with them. This was the type of internship... where you got hugs and genuine well wishes when you left. * Overall: I learned a lot from some very knowledgeable professionals, and I enjoyed my time here.

Cons

* You can't really have qualms with working for defense. This company definitely has pride in what they do, and if you feel a little weird about working for defense, you may not love it here.

BAE Systems USA2019-12-04
  2. "Ethical company with good foundations"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of smart people working hard, good foundation in certain areas like building ships and tanks. Good work life balance on my team, remote work opportunities.

Cons

Company is still a bit new in some areas like AI, Cyber, definitely still growing those fields. Not easy to collaborate across the different lines of business and even harder to work with those in Europe. Average benefits, 2 week paid parental leave (used to be 0), ok health care, 3 year vesting 75% match on first 6% for 401k. Hard to get promotions, and not a lot of young talent at the company.

Advice to Management

Make information sharing and collaborating easier across the business.

BAE Systems USA2019-12-04

Discover more reviews about BAE Systems USA.