BAE Systems USA - SSfdafSfdafdsf | Glassdoor

"SSfdafSfdafdsf"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wayne, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Competitive pay, 9/40 schedule

Cons

You could get stuck doing the same thing for a long time

Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA

"Trying to Improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

Lot's of intelligent, caring , and innovative people. Assist the Warfighter, we actually save lives and have an impact. Each day our people contribute to keeping our nation safe and secure and that is a great feeling.

Cons

Management is disconnected, there is a general attitude that things have always been this way so we must continue despite info to the contrary. They don't use their resources to their advantage and there is a climate of just doing enough to get by since there is no tangible recognition of exemplary performance.( this varies from office to office so it may be very differnt at other locations)

Advice to Management

Use your people effectively and reward them for their accomplishments. Listen when they suggest improvements. Provide the employees with the tools they need to complete their mission. Look at industry best practices and embrace them, work on the team concept in truth don't just pay it homage. Provide training to and give the employees guidance on how to move up the chain. Interact with your folks be a leader not an obscure entiy at the end of the hall who only comes out to chastise people.

2. "Things are okay..."

Current Employee - All Source Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - All Source Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As the climate in the IC changes most of us take comfort in having a job. BAE continues to keep on updated as they bid and win on new contracts.

Cons

As things in the IC do get more competitive and salaries and jobs are cut some of us question if it is necessary to have so many layers of upper management or senior executives. While we lose our benefits I doubt they are feeling the same squeeze we are.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees as informed as possible. We would rather have weekly updates then be kept guessing