BAE Systems USA - Program Manager | Glassdoor

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Manassas, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture.
Challenging and meaningful work.
Good work/life balance.

Cons

Not much mobility at the Manassas, VA site.
Not connected with other sites in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for BAE Systems USA

"Big old boys club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are a very established company.

Cons

Completely out of touch with modern processes, big old boys (and certain special girls) club. As long as you get in good with certain people, you're golden. Personally seen complete idiots and slackers/divas/I'm too good to actually work people thrive there. Not to mention the people who are grandfathered in because they've worked there longer than many have been alive, or the ones who refuse to streamline processes because it would cut into their own usefulness (or potential lack thereof). Super established company, but I think the sucking up involved makes it a complete waste of time, unless you know the right people and they favor you.

Advice to Management

None. You are already too established in the way you do things, and nothing I say could possibly change your practices.

"Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career advancement opportunities, good work/life balance, telecommuting, most of the people. BAE is really good about promoting from within and encourages continuing education.

Cons

Benefits were decent when I began working there in 2001, but decreased significantly over time. After being employed there for 10 years, employees used to receive an extra day of vacation. After I had this extra day for one year, they decided to cut it and took the day away from those of us who'd earned it. May not sound like a big deal, and maybe it wasn't, but it was the principal and is a good example of BAE's attitude towards their employees' benefits. Oh and health benefits are a complete joke now.

Advice to Management

Instead of cutting benefits, cut out the middle management, all they do is suck up overhead. Felt like Office Space, there were so many people I was reporting to at one point in time.