BAYADA Home Health Care - Incredible Company Focused on Giving Back | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"Incredible Company Focused on Giving Back"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bayada is a great company with an outstanding mission. Our goal of putting our clients first couldn't be more alive. I had the pleasure of meeting several clients this weekend at the annual BAYADA Regatta and I could not be more proud. Each client I talked with spoke about their wonderful experiences with Bayada and their nurses. I know they were able to attend the regatta because of their caretakers dedication. Seeing them happy, healthy and enjoying the day was the most rewarding moment in my life to date. I am proud knowing that any work I do can directly or indirectly improve the lives of others. Working at Bayada is a greater cause and I could not speak more highly of our mission and values.

Cons

The work is demanding. But not as demanding as the daily lives of our clients. The hectic schedule from 8:30 to 5 is a small price to pay for the well-being of those in my community.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great work.

Other Employee Reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"Not worth the hassle"

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to create my own schedule, and would only pick up shifts I wanted.

Cons

trying to find hours was sometimes ridiculous. I would "request off" but would still receive calls from others in the office trying to get me to work. I had accepted some hours for a case that were very blatantly put at a very short term, maybe 1-2 weeks at the most because I was working split shift, and they were never changed even after calling multiple times. I ended up with those hours until the case ended. The communication between management is terrible, and they often guilt you into taking extra shifts, even if it is not convenient or does not make sense. when picking up a case, they never tell you what the pay rate is for the case, so you really have no idea what you're getting yourself into. they often want you to drive far away for a case that is only 2 hours. When I received my RN, after 2 years of working there I was simply told to call them after I have 1 year experience. No chance of moving up in the company.

Advice to Management

work on communication between office staff and field staff.

"Current employee."

Current Employee - Habilitaton Tech in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Habilitaton Tech in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the work I do. The joy I have just seeing my client laugh is amazing. The families are usually wonderful, and the other field staff I work with are perfect!

Cons

If you have an emergency, or just need a day off....it's like pulling teeth. And often, when communicating between Office staff and clients family to negotiate a day off....the office staff, even with several days warning, will not get in touch - leaving you to wonder if you have to go to work or not.

Advice to Management

Everyone gets tired. Everyone needs a day. Don't get grouchy with field staff if they ask for a day. We work hard.....and get tired. Also, be timely, and get things taken care of as soon as you can....not days later.