BAYADA Home Health Care - Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer!"

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better than nothing while searching for another job, until customers ask you to be their personal assistant at the mall and church

Cons

Customers mainly are people on welfare who take advantage of Medicaid and act like you are their personal slave. I was asked to carry 60+ pounds kids around the house due to lack of equipment in the home. Was also asked to go to church and mall, wherever this woman went basically, and be her personal assistant as her disabled four year old sat in the stroller. I'm pretty sure Medicaid was not designed to help lazy people live like kings and queens on tax payer dollars. Management simply would say, "So what, you're getting paid, right?"

Turnover is high and pay is slightly above minimum wage. Made 50% more as a hospital CNA where I was treated way better and not stuck in homes in the ghetto where the people had no AC in 85 degree heat. If I wasn't overqualified for everything else and struggling like crazy to get a job after graduating from college, I would have never put myself through such a hell. If you have any dignity at all, save it and go elsewhere for work.

Advice to Management

Stop running a sweat shop in 21st century America. Respect the taxpayer dollars more and PAY people more for their 4 month certification program and experience than they would make as an entry level cashier at Target. The pay and work requirements are degrading.

Other Employee Reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"As a Home Health Aide for Bayada, I was trusted with the most challenging cases and felt rewarded daily by my clients"

Former Employee - CHHA, Hospice, Dementia, Paraplegia, MS Clients in Toms River, NJ

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cases are well defined and clients are well informed about what to expect from Bayada home care services. Caregivers are well trained and provided many opportunities for ongoing training throughout the year.

Cons

travel reimbursement is not available within the county you work and there is a negative pay differential for Medicaid clients who often need more intensive services.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Clients and their families are pleased with Bayada services. I love that this organization continues to grow and diversify its support options in their communitites.

"Rewarding, but little time left for a personal life."

Current Employee - Client Services Manager (CSM)
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager (CSM)

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate support is abundant. Lots of recognition for a job well done. Good relationships built with clients and employees.

Cons

Significantly under paid. Over worked. Office dynamics are difficult with little support from management. Often left to "battle it out". Requires by my office to be on call 365 even when another is on call because they aren't familiar with job. Leaves little time for family.

Advice to Management

Be aware of what is going on in individual offices. Make sure your office management support the Bayada way!!