BAYADA Home Health Care - It was a good job with great nursing skill opportunities.. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"It was a good job with great nursing skill opportunities.."

Pros

I felt like I made a difference to their pediatric clients. It was a good feeling to work with their families, medical teams, and school staff. Scheduling staff were flexible to my needs. Supportive administrative services. Good recognition.

Cons

Heavy physical demands with potential to injury to self. Moderate to low wage.

Advice to Management

Improved safe guards to your staff, with mechanical lifts and assisted devices.

Other Employee Reviews for BAYADA Home Health Care

"Great in theory, but didn't translate into practice"

Former Employee - Therapist, Field Staff
    Former Employee - Therapist, Field Staff

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time

Pros

The "Bayada Way" is a wonderful philosophy and I think that the CEO really believes in it. It includes statements such as "We believe our employees are our biggest asset". Unfortunately, it did not feel like that all the time.

Most employees are caring professionals who go above and beyond for the patients and staff.

The salary was similar to other companies for field staff therapists (though per hour is probably less as the productivity standards are much higher with bahada)

Cons

There was a huge turnover in office staff constantly. Because the office was short staffed, or still learning, it was difficult for the field staff to get the patients or help they needed.

The job promised was not the job in actuality. Each office is run almost like its own franchise and there is much variety. The recruiter did not work directly in my office and misled me on many issues. Not sure if this was purposeful, or if he really did not know. For example, what he stated about the holiday policy, weekend policy and amount of patients needing to be seen in a week were not what happened in my particular office. For example, he told me that an eval was worth 2 point visits and a treatment was worth 1 point visit. Turns out that an evaluation is only worth 1 point visit. (Start of Care are worth 2 points). Since your offer is based on point visits, my weekly productivity standards were much higher than I had originally thought. 4-6 more patients a week than other local home care companies. I told my bosses about this and they said that was awful, but could not do anything to fix it. Other co-workers also told me that the same thing had happened to them.

There were no written rules to follow--field staff does not have access to policies. Often, different persons in the company would give you different information and you did not know which person's advise to follow.

If you were off for any reason, you really had to work hard to get coverage for your patients. Sometimes taking a day off would not have been worth it because it meant you had to squish all your patients into 4 days since no one was available to cover.

You were expected to meet your productivity, and there were consequences if you did not. It did not matter if your patient was in the hospital or not home or had an emergency... No credit was given for scheduling, paperwork, driving, etc with the patient you could not bill.

The phones given were older and did not have blue tooth capacity/ability to use headphones so you could not use them while driving. The office required you to call every patient the night before the visit and the doctor of every new patient, as well as numerous other phone calls. It was difficult to fit all these calls into business hours while seeing patients and driving.

No cost of living raises and very little opportunity for advancement for field staff

Benefits were expensive

Advice to Management

Consider investing in better phones for field staff and paying office staff more. Any investment in employee satisfaction, may save you money in the future with turnover.

"Learning experiences"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always found me a job site to work at

Cons

I feel with the hard work that we do for the varies locations, we should get raises at least to keep up with expenses that are rising. Most of the time temps are overworked at these facilities and i feel we are underpaid for the work they make us do.