BB&T - OK | Glassdoor

"OK"

Former Employee - Relationship Banker
Former Employee - Relationship Banker

Pros

The benefits are wonderful, and of course working 8:30-5:15 was amazing. BB&T really is a great company, and they promote women really well on the retail side. If you are a great performer you will make great incentives and they definitely notice.

Cons

VERY male dominated. Anyone with a salary about 50000 is a male. Also BB&T pays horribly, I recently started with another bank making 10k more. Also being a RB doesn't provide much opportunity for advancement in other banks because you won't have any credit experience.

Advice to Management

Make sure you're holding on to your top performers...don't let them leave because you guys are penny pinching. Also make sure you allow opportunities for women to advance on the commercial side.

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

1. "Challening"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker

Pros

BB&T offers great benefits. We still have a penison and 401k match.

Cons

Sometimes the goals seem a little too difficult.

Advice to Management

The decathalon needs to be improved.

2. "Great benefit, great dream of bonus, but horrible at recognizing issues"

Former Employee - FCL III
    Former Employee - FCL III

Pros

The benefits are expensive but expansive. Many different options when it comes to retirement planning and insurance. Also competitive business products.

Cons

If you don't mind working 6 days a week and 13 hour work days, please apply to this company. I used to work for this company and it was difficult to even have a home life outside of BB&T. They were not concerned about anything but the bottom line, with unattainable goals and ridiculous incentive plan. When I started I was intrigued by the rigorous training program and the opportunity to earn half my salary in bonuses. Well that was all I got, training and a dream. Brainwashed to learn the culture and expected to live it in my everyday life. Basically live for BB&T. So if you choose them, don't fall for the dreams they sell.

Advice to Management

I have none as if management would listen anyway. Then again, stop focusing on the three legged stool of how to make profits, instead get back into the customer service business and help people.