BB&T - Investment Counselor/Advisor - Bank Channel | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

"Investment Counselor/Advisor - Bank Channel"

Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team approach and good automated back office systems made servicing multiple branches very manageable . Very customer-centric culture... Perfect Client Experience mantra is a winner!

Cons

Old School Sales Management... hit your quota or be replaced... churn and burn, baby! Compensation plan for commissions could be more generous.

Advice to Management

What costs more, continuous high turnover or mentoring good people who have the desire and are willing to invest the effort to constantly improve until they consistently meet some arbitrary sales quota?

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

"Female-Dominated Workplace Where The Abuse Goes To The Top"

Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Collections Representative I in Lumberton, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary was fair.
    Employees are pretty sedentary, not a lot of moving is required -- if that is a pro.

Cons

I worked in Collections. With over 300 employees in my location -- and most of them female, workplace bullying was a HUGE issue and management did not care. BB&T does NOT respect diversity. Comments were constantly being made against homosexuals. During my training a woman from HR came and spoke with us, stating that our location has had problems with that kind of thing before and it would not be tolerated. BB&T also claims to have whistleblower protection but that means nothing! I was treated very badly by management after reporting hugely offensive comments that were allowed to be made and joked about. This is a competitive, female-dominated workplace and its extremely hostile -- not worth the salary whatsoever! Collections is also based in Lumberton, NC so that has a lot to do with the environment. I had 3 bosses, each more pretentious & unprofessional than the last. I ended up quitting. The supervisors are callous, bloated and the entire workplace is a huge joke. My time is worth more.

2. "Good benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

40 paid sick days, multiple paid vacation weeks

Cons

This is a male dominated industry making it very difficult for females to advance.

Advice to Management

More flexiable with schedules for moms and students