BB&T - BB&T | Glassdoor

"BB&T"

Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - FInancial Center Leader III in Richmond, VA

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company inself is solid, with the bottom line always a focus.

Cons

The Central Virginia Leadership is comprised of the same type of person, gender, and age. There is no diversity and no decision making ability by the Area Managers.

Advice to Management

Look for new and fresh ideas, outside your region on how to conduct business. Lead through inspiration.

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

1. "I you are a robot and insensitive to bizzare behavior from supervisor and branch leader, then this job is for you."

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Orlando, FL

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The health benefits were a little above average, and the cost could be reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Banking by the book. Fee income was stressed. Not possible to give a little to a regular, long term customer in the way of waived fees. Immediate supervisor had a mental problem that management overlooked or was not aware of, making the job very stressful. Manager not a true Banker, a glorified sales person whose only job was to generate loans and new deposits. There was no consultative banking being practiced at this location.

Advice to Management

Hire people that understand the banking industry and are not just salespeople.

2. "A great learning-filled experience with the legal department."

Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at BB&T really seems to enjoy both their job and the fact that they work at BB&T. The bank pride is palpable and contagious. Everyone in the legal department had an open door policy and was welcoming and helpful throughout my time with them. They immerse you immediately in interesting work and have you engaged with clients immediately. I really enjoyed my experience at a very impressive bank.

Cons

I have no cons to report. The company is doing well and my experience was a great one. I highly recommend this company.