BB&T - Great employees and good work/life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

"Great employees and good work/life balance."

Current Employee - Manager in Wilson, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Wilson, NC

Pros

Most employees are very good people who are great to work with and are trying to do the right thing. There are very few people who play games or back stab. Employees are treated fairly and promotions and pay increases go to those who contribute the most (sure, there are always a few exceptions when you have a company of this size).

Cons

Some work locations are not very exciting (Lumberton NC, Whiteville NC, Charleston WV, etc.). Many buildings are old and in desparate need of updating. Like many companies, the sales side gets the most recognition while the back office isn't recognized as much for successes.

Advice to Management

Executive management needs to delegate more and give the authority to act. All of the executives are involved in almost everything that goes on at BB&T. That worked great for a smaller bank, but needs to change now that its a large bank.

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

1. "Great People, Experienced Leadership, Great Bank"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

The benefits are unparallelled. Matching 401K, pension, full healthcare, vision, and dental make this a great place to work.

Cons

My particular position has very little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Slow and Steady Wins the Race"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

The Benefits and The People! Hands Down!!! Knowing that you are in a company that fits my personality and values. You don't have to be the first, just be the best. The history of the company.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, but I've only been here about 3 weeks. A few things I have noticed is the slow start. A lot of things are not ready when you start. I have also not received the attention to my training like I would have liked.

Advice to Management

Do not entertain the idea of selling to a foreign competitor. Please. Let's keep what is great about this company and this country inside the borders.