BB&T - Honored to be working for such a great company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

"Honored to be working for such a great company"

Current Employee - Vice President - Sales Managments Support Coordinator in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and values. Family oriented company.

Cons

With the economy the way it is opportunity is scarce.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay true to company values

Other Employee Reviews for BB&T

1. "Great Company to work long term for and retire with if you are lucky to be working under a good manager."

Current Employee - Client Server Engineer III in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Server Engineer III in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees across the board in IT, competitive pay and great benefits.

Cons

I worked for BB&T for 7yrs and absolutely loved 5 1/2 of them. The only reason I left is that I relocated to another state and was denied a transfer because the work that I do in higher tier IT prevented me from transferring with the company due to the data center locations. This of course was very shady because 100% of my job was done remotely from my desk and I did not need to visit any data centers since we had a team that worked at all data center locations. I was actually actively looking before I moved to another state beacuse of a POOR manager that slipped through the cracks of the hiring process. This manager was not liked across the board by many long tenured employees and it bothered me that so many of us found his blatantly obvious lack of management skills lacking while upper management was either blind to it or did not care. Some poor "mangers" somehow are hired for very high profile positions and are able to find a way to avoid upper management from noticing their lack of management skills. My first 6yrs there I had an amazing boss and would NEVER had considered leaving if he did not transfer to another department. BB&T is a great company and you need a certain personality to make the cut because they do not let people go often.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and have them RANDOMLY review their managers.

"Strong company hitting hard times due to regulations and outside pressures"

Former Employee - Bank Officer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Bank Officer in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is a strong part of BB&T. They make a large investment in training and feedback. I had a great manager, who cared about me both personally and professionally. I always felt respected and supported from within the organization.

Cons

The pressure of the banking industry affects all banks, especially large banks like BB&T. There are expected layoffs looming and some departments including commercial banking are feeling the squeeze. Work life balance in commercial and private banking can be very difficult, especially if you are seen as a top performer. Outside pressure causes the bank to be extremely cautious, which makes change slow and work hours inflexible.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding the performers and top performers. Encourage more day to day fun as an entire culture.