BBDO Atlanta - Work hard, play hard | Glassdoor

"Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is a fun place to work, the people who work here are very nice people. Hours are very flexible, there are a lot of little perks like free popcorn, tea, coffee, and occasional catered breakfasts.

Cons

The expectation is that people work hard, and work long hours this includes weekends. We've been hit hard by the recession, and there have been several layoffs since 2008. The biggest issue right now is lack of compensation. People haven't gotten raises for a very long time, and this has had a big impact on employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

The message you are sending to employees is very confusing. You have a party, followed by a layoff the next day. As a communications company you are sending a very confused message that makes employees think management isn't on the same page. Here are the big issues I see from an employee perspective. Management is disconnected from the employees. Walk around, get to know people, understand what's going on. Think of creative ways to compensate people who have stuck by you during this difficult time. People need to feel appreciated. Being told we need to work harder is frankly demotivating. For good creative, you need a creative environment. Rushing through the process won't give you good creative. Planning needs to play an integral role, it seems like no one is planning out the work we have coming, and that we are simply being reactive. It's not ok for people to work consecutive all-nighters and weekends. It's also not ok for these people not to get comp-time in return. There needs to be a better comp-time policy. Employees shouldn't have to ask for it, managers should know that they have to schedule it. Employees should also be given an opportunity to say how they think their managers are doing. There is no process like this, it's completely top down. I have been working at this company for a long time. Some things are much better, some are worse. Overall, I see people spending a lot of time working against each other for competitive reasons. I think if people tried to work together, and be more collaborative the outcome would be much better.

Other Employee Reviews for BBDO Atlanta

"Fun place to work, great environment, which makes up for the less than stellar salary."

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

collective knowledge of coworkers, fun environment

Cons

work life balance has not been achieved by many here

Advice to Management

Respect all employees' life outside of work.

2. "Great company"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at BBDO Atlanta as an intern

Pros

Wonderful people and fast paced

Cons

It is a large agency