BBVA Compass - Overall Good | Glassdoor

"Overall Good"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Credit Analyst in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The best reason to work for Compass is the opportunity to for me to learn from really experienced bankers and businessmen. In the year that I have worked for the bank I have the opportunity to grow and expand my knowlege base.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication at times with top managers and lower level workers.

Advice to Management

Advice I would give to senor managment is that there should be more cummunication on the direction and vision the company has for the future. It helps employees become more motivated when they feel like the company they are working for is going places.

Other Employee Reviews for BBVA Compass

1. "Fine bank teller job"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Pensacola, FL

Pros

Compass provided a challenging and professional work environment. The staff there was professional to work with and some branches had very much of a team environment. Each branch has its own personality, so it's important to consider the branch atmosphere when considering a position there.

Cons

Compass is very sales oriented, even for the tellers. Specific protocol when answering the phone and talking with customers was in place, and the company sent in mystery shoppers every month, which was a big deal (100% completion = $50 cash). There didn't seem to be a clear path of advancement through the company, and there wasn't much opportunity for professional training or growth.

Advice to Management

Invest more in professional training for employees and have a clearer path of progression within the company.

2. "Would you rather have job security or hate your job?"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Fairhope, AL
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Fairhope, AL

Pros

If you are trying to get a foot in the door of financial sales working at a bank can offer tremendous opportunities. Also, being owned by the BBVA group has the perk of job security unlike other banks right now.

Cons

I spend 75% of my day cleaning up someone else's mistakes. No one does their job. Those that lack ability or sales are promoted. I have been recognized every quarter since I've worked at Compass as being in the top 20% of FSR's and they wouldn't extend a measly 3k promotional raise to me.

Advice to Management

You are lucky you have a job. You would be nothing if the wheels that ran this organization left.