BBVA Compass - Great experience to learn the banking industry and earn skills that will serve you personally and professionally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BBVA Compass

"Great experience to learn the banking industry and earn skills that will serve you personally and professionally."

Former Employee - Senior Financial Sales Advisor in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Senior Financial Sales Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn financial products and interact with customers across all income levels face to face. I learned finance on the front lines and had the chance to see both good habits and bad habits from customers, co-workers, and upper management.

Cons

Upper management was not in tune with the day to day challenges, sales goals were very high, and methods implemented to inflate numbers (call nights, call blitz's, and cold door to door prospecting, etc) yielded very little hard numbers and were only effective in increasing employee dissatisfaction. Company underwent a major CRM and tech renovation but is still woefully behind the bigger banks in terms of technology and tech centric products.

Advice to Management

Work environment, team, and management keep or lose employees. The work environment was not very enjoyable, team non existent, and the path to promotions, bonuses, etc. was not very transparent.

Other Employee Reviews for BBVA Compass

"Not a good place to work for at all!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't speak for BBVA Compass as a whole, but I can speak for the department that I worked in. They fed us very often and I met a handful of good people. They were understanding when it came to family issues. Bank hoilday's are always a plus!

Cons

They are good at showing favoritism. If you are looking to work for a company(department) where you have to kiss ass to get recognized, then here is where you need to be. The more work you do, the less they respect and notice you. But kiss their asses and do one thing that they deem "great" and you're good to go. There is very little room for growth here. The pay is horrible. If the rest of the company is anything like the department I worked, I would never go back to this company. When I first started, we were told that we were not able to wear denim or "denim-like" clothing. Well, one day, I saw one of the ladies in upper management with a full "denim-like" skirt suit on. So I went to my manager and said something. She told me that I should "do as they say and not as they do." Ha, I knew this was not a company that I wanted to work for.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees equally. Learn your company's values and go by them. Bye!

2. "Fun, rewarding, and exciting place to work!"

Former Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II in Lodi, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Sales Advisor II in Lodi, CA

I worked at BBVA Compass full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training, great people to work with, recognized for your accomplishments, awesome benefits, work and life balance, paid holidays, best customer centric model, quarterly bonuses, involved in the community, great program for non-profits, heroes, and professionals, innovative, great promotions,

Cons

Not well known in the US, only have locations in the US sunbelt region, software could be better, lots of changes to products and services, was in an area to do a lot of lending on agriculture land, but was not able to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!