BCU - Great organization to work for | Glassdoor

"Great organization to work for"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at BCU full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive and fair salary compared to similar positions. All companies preach a "work/life balance". This is the first organization I've ever worked for that followed through on a commitment to a work/life balance for its employees.

Cons

People are happy and enjoy their jobs, if you prefer to work quietly alone you may not enjoy the friendly environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! All levels of management are transparent, approachable, and helpful. Upper management actually invests their time into getting to know and assisting new employees.

BCU2019-02-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Credit Union!"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great commitment to do what's right for members I really like BCU's strategy for growth, focusing on company partnerships A lot of opportunity for career growth

Cons

no cons for me, almost 8 years with BCU and it has been a great experience

BCU2019-05-15

"Overall good place to work but some negatives"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the work from home option! Decent pay, great health benefits, lots of free food, treated like family from the get go. Growing at a record pace.

Cons

A few toxic PMs aren't reigned in by mgt and poison the well for the rest of us. The learn as you go with a full project load will wear you down.

Advice to Management

A couple very toxic, micro-managing, non-technical, combative and rude PMs have kind of ruined the experience for me. I try to avoid them and let my manager know of their bad behavior but nothing is done about it. I keep hearing "That is just the way they are" and what is worse, I hear "They are good PMs because they get results" but projects are still late, full of defects, and burned out developers that get thrown under...

BCU2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about BCU.