BCU - Best of the Best | Glassdoor

"Best of the Best"

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The culture makes for a welcoming and approachable environment, from entry-level employees all the way up to the CEO. Work-life balance is strongly encouraged. Benefits are awesome and creative (free ice cream truck and cookouts hosted by senior management in the summer).

Cons

It would be nice to have more growth opportunity for those working outside Vernon Hills HQ.

BCU2019-02-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Credit Union!"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great commitment to do what's right for members I really like BCU's strategy for growth, focusing on company partnerships A lot of opportunity for career growth

Cons

no cons for me, almost 8 years with BCU and it has been a great experience

BCU2019-05-15

"Overall good place to work but some negatives"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the work from home option! Decent pay, great health benefits, lots of free food, treated like family from the get go. Growing at a record pace.

Cons

A few toxic PMs aren't reigned in by mgt and poison the well for the rest of us. The learn as you go with a full project load will wear you down.

Advice to Management

A couple very toxic, micro-managing, non-technical, combative and rude PMs have kind of ruined the experience for me. I try to avoid them and let my manager know of their bad behavior but nothing is done about it. I keep hearing "That is just the way they are" and what is worse, I hear "They are good PMs because they get results" but projects are still late, full of defects, and burned out developers that get thrown under...

BCU2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about BCU.