BCU - BCU Review | Glassdoor
  1. "BCU Review"

I worked at BCU full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture, clean offices, positive atmosphere, "family" oriented. I had a positive experience while working here. They push the "family" environment fairly hard. My coworkers were generally happy and made for a positive work environment. Generally there was free food and drink provided in the kitchen. The gym was a nice surprise perk.

Cons

Most perks seemingly only applied to senior members, such as working from home when sick or needing to take care of personal things. I didn't mind going to the office, so it wasn't a huge disadvantage to me.

BCU2019-03-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Credit Union!"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great commitment to do what's right for members I really like BCU's strategy for growth, focusing on company partnerships A lot of opportunity for career growth

Cons

no cons for me, almost 8 years with BCU and it has been a great experience

BCU2019-05-15
  2. "Overall good place to work but some negatives"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at BCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the work from home option! Decent pay, great health benefits, lots of free food, treated like family from the get go. Growing at a record pace.

Cons

A few toxic PMs aren't reigned in by mgt and poison the well for the rest of us. The learn as you go with a full project load will wear you down.

Advice to Management

A couple very toxic, micro-managing, non-technical, combative and rude PMs have kind of ruined the experience for me. I try to avoid them and let my manager know of their bad behavior but nothing is done about it. I keep hearing "That is just the way they are" and what is worse, I hear "They are good PMs because they get results" but projects are still late, full of defects, and burned out developers that get thrown under...

BCU2019-05-01

Discover more reviews about BCU.