BDO USA - Can't recommend it | Glassdoor

"Can't recommend it"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Flex time gives you ability to have a life outside of firm

Cons

Leadership seems oblivious to troubles
lack of promotion communication

Advice to Management

Lead by example

Other Employee Reviews for BDO USA

"Perfect place to film a sitcom"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Its airconditioned in the summer (though too much sometimes), and heated in the winter.

Cons

The upper management is paranoid and because of that micromanages every aspect of clients.
    Advice is given more to confuse and mistakes are held over everyone but the partner's heads.
    Managers and staff are not treated as adults, nor are they given leeway to try other management techniques.
    How upper management acts and what it says it wants to do are diametrically opposed to each other. They say they want a work life fit, but want everyone working 12-14 hours a day.
    What the partners charge the clients are far too small in relation to some of the work that needs to be done, and when budgets are consistently blown, it is not the partner's fault for not charging appropriately, but the staff's fault for not being more efficient, even when the staff was working on the client for 30 hours strait.

Advice to Management

Management should be aware that they are the ones pushing people out because people perceive that they are not cared about. The only real way to fix this is to get rid of everyone at the top or wait until the place falls.

"Need more training!"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I think it's a good place to start off. It provides a good basis for your resume.

Cons

I've been here a few months, and I feel like my training has been lacking thus far. For example. my first few days here were spent by myself at my own computer "learning" from videos. I would have preferred a live class with other new employees. They promise that there will be more formal training in January, but so far most of the training has been absent. We are in the middle of tax season in August, and Im really learning blind. I don't think it's very efficient, and I'm eating my time.

Advice to Management

Please help me by training me properly.