BG Products - great at first | Glassdoor

"great at first"

I have been working at BG Products full-time

Pros

Raise every year. Profit sharing check to any employee who doesn't receive a write up. Company luncheon once every quarter.

Cons

Profit sharing gets taken away if wrote up. They don't give out cost of living raises anymore. Do more with less type of company when we have very little now to work with.

Other Employee Reviews for BG Products

1. "Enjoyed it!"

Former Employee - SmartVMA Account Specialist/Menu Programmer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - SmartVMA Account Specialist/Menu Programmer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BG Products part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provided excellent training and work shops including core value and motivation lectures. All members on the company were including in meetings and most training events so that everyone had some idea of all aspects of the business.

Cons

The division I worked for, Wagon Master Washington, went through a lot of structural changes during the five years I was there, which often led to a sense of job insecurity.

Advice to Management

Focus more and readying the individual for the specifics tasks and responsibities assigned to them. Make bonus structure understandable so as to be a better motivating force.

2. "Great company; a plea for help."

Current Employee - Senior in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Senior in Wichita, KS

I have been working at BG Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great wages, competitive compensation and profit sharing for all. Good insurance and great products. I enjoyed the first 10 or so years tremendously.

Cons

I have worked at BG for many years and have kept quiet for a long time. I have had a long career of success, and I am loyal to a company that has been so good to me for so long. Objectively, I simply wanted to encourage those board members who could make changes to seriously consider this as an open an honest assessment of the situation in the last 5 years or so.
      My seniority, location and position has allowed me to remain separate from a lot of what I have observed and know to be against what I thought was BG's good culture and reputation. No one would ever suspect me of speaking out because I have openly supported much of what I disagree with, as all of us must do, because BG has reached a point where the slightest criticism of some certain "inner-circle" individuals in management WILL result in termination. I know this because I have seen this first hand, multiple times. Internally we have become a company of rotten morals and ethics and this is contrary to what we founded this on.
      I have gone along with a lot of the "off the wall" directions I see given and see a lot of the egotistical two sided personalities in plant management. Religion is mocked and openly used as a means of self promotion for those who can get away with it, keeping bibles on their desks and using religion as a way to shame those with righteous indignation to get their way. I see the upper crust leadership buy into this and consume it.
      Going to the same church as the boss will get you a promotion, quoting bible verses at work will get you a raise, etc. Fake acts of "dedication" like sending out emails at night with your boss copied on them, blind copying your boss on emails with the intent to make others look bad, taking what people say out of context and using it against them, leaving your car parked in the parking lot the longest at night pretending to be working long hours are all phony acts of loyalty that are rewarded at BG Products now.
      We have sunk to a low, so low that honest accomplishment goes unrewarded and purposely suppressed and hidden by those who the employees call the "executives". They assume all the rewards to protect their inner-circle of self preservation and endless political motives to gain more influence. Many great people who have loyally devoted their careers to BG success have fallen victim to this racist and corrupt "Trojan Horse" like inner-circle who have their bosses duped into believing they are religious and morally superior elite leaders while making statements behind closed doors to the contrary and mocking the very bosses they pretend to adore. They are very careful to make sure they eliminate anyone who could challenge them or take credit for any accomplishments. Threats are used to ensure their direction is carried out and they have NO checks and balances in the company, no HR oversight, no company oversight, just blind support from ownership to carry out any form of revenge by a phony, posing religious fool.
      Its very disheartening to see minority's and women get passed over by obvious reasons. Seniority is not respected or observerd when it should be.
      You will notice that all of our photographs and articles that are published are carefully posed and edited professionally as to project a certain image, transparency is not permitted.
      This is very simply a plea for help on behalf of everyone at BG. I know people have spoken out only to be smeared, ruined and fired or resigned, so I must say this anonymously which will still be at great risk to my career.

Advice to Management