BGE - I loved my career experience at Baltimore Gas & Electric until... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BGE

"I loved my career experience at Baltimore Gas & Electric until..."

Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at BGE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a ton of room for great growth if you're assigned to a leader who believes in his or her staff and want you to be successful. The pay and benefits are amazing. Employees across the board treat each other like good friends & family.

Cons

Corporate policies can be horrible in every company not this just one. Working under the direction of a manager who does not care for you makes work-life difficult. It was my first time in corporate roll like this. I made a mistake knew I couldn't talk to my HR Director about it. I'm not one to point fingers, I too was at fault and have learned a value lesson that never happen again.

Advice to Management

Management holds to key to making the employee experience a great one to remember and brag about.

Other Employee Reviews for BGE

1. "BGE (Baltimore Gas & Electric Co.)"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistance in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistance in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BGE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

BGE serves central MD and is one of the nation's earliest electric & the 1st gas utility. They have a long history of stability and community involvement, and the employees take pride in and are committed to BGE (which has always been and remains union-free).

Cons

BGE's upper management has gotten away from its team-oriented approach and has put lofty goals ahead of the welfare of its work force. Organizationally, the individual business units operate independently, without an understanding of the roles and functions of the other units, so often they are at loggerheads and do not see the whole picture. while they publicly talk about innovation and "thinking outside the box", they do not empower their employees to be creative, or even proactive, and anyone who does not toe the company line is regarded as not a team player. Also, the company doesn't place much emphasis on training or career advancement of amployees (other than engineers). They use questionable performance management and evaluation practices that are inconsistently and/or selectively applied.

Advice to Management

Believe in your staff of dedicated, long-time employees and give them the development tools and lattitude to contribute to the company's success.

2. "Customer Service Rep"

I have been working at BGE full-time

Pros

Great place to work, Great co-workers. Tough environment due to call volume but can gain many different skills in return.

Cons

On call duty would be the only con of this job. You have to be available at all times.