BH Media Group - Customer Service | Glassdoor
  1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at BH Media Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think the staff was the greatest part of this job. Most of the employees are supportive - nice people to work with.

Cons

There is not nearly enough focus on giving positive feedback to employees who work in non advertising jobs. It seems the paper is focused so much on advertising revenue that all the support staff get over looked for their hard work and contributions.

Advice to Management

Pay much more attention to human relations. Certain upper management lack any humane communication skills. There needs to be more progressive, holistic management and much more understanding of the hard work administrative and customer service employees do.

BH Media Group2018-04-07

BH Media Group Response

May 29, 2018Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to create a culture that supports the personal and professional development of all our employees. We encourage any employees who are experiencing difficulties to talk with their supervisors or the HR team. We appreciate your feedback and will ...

"Big picture"

I have been working at BH Media Group full-time

Pros

Company has a culture of integrity, commitment to real news and community service. Its management promotes honesty and customer service.

Cons

The company has yet to invest enough in the type of technological resources it needs to act effectively in the digital age.

Advice to Management

Invest for the long term in your technological infrastructure and your key employees.

BH Media Group2017-05-09
  2. "Lacking in Opportunities for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at BH Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people at the local level and great first time job.

Cons

No opportunity for job growth. Loads of job cuts which is understandable given the nature of print advertising.

BH Media Group2019-07-08

Discover more reviews about BH Media Group.