BH Media Group - Sales position - Inevitable collapse of this company is just natural selection taking its part. | Glassdoor

"Sales position - Inevitable collapse of this company is just natural selection taking its part."

Former Employee - Digital Specialist

I worked at BH Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom in your position if on the sales team. You get to meet a lot of interesting people as well.

Cons

Incompetent and close minded leadership are steering the company straight into even more of a downward spiral. There are very few people with any real understanding of their own products and this creates an amazing lack of training and a big revolving door with both clients and employees. Compensation is terrible resulting in multiple layoffs. What’s more, the ones being laid off are more administrative positions which...

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and hire leadership that’s lived in the digital world - where your growth is - instead of newspaper veterans with brief digital exposure.

BH Media Group2018-05-20

BH Media Group Response

May 29, 2018Communications Manager

Change is never easy, especially the kinds of disrupting changes that our industry has seen over the last few years. We encourage all employees to bring their concerns and feedback to their supervisors or HR team. As we move forward, we strive to develop a workforce that is well-prepared ...

"Big picture"

I have been working at BH Media Group full-time

Pros

Company has a culture of integrity, commitment to real news and community service. Its management promotes honesty and customer service.

Cons

The company has yet to invest enough in the type of technological resources it needs to act effectively in the digital age.

Advice to Management

Invest for the long term in your technological infrastructure and your key employees.

BH Media Group2017-05-09
  2. "Lacking in Opportunities for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at BH Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people at the local level and great first time job.

Cons

No opportunity for job growth. Loads of job cuts which is understandable given the nature of print advertising.

BH Media Group2019-07-08

Discover more reviews about BH Media Group.