Cover image for BHI Energy

Distribution Foreman
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management and helpful team of crewmen

Cons

Work in all weather conditions

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        Nov 11, 2023
        Technical Lead
        Current Freelancer
        Business Outlook

Pros

A Great place to work

Cons

Not enough minorities in leadership

1. 3.0
          Dec 4, 2023
          Sr. Radiation Protection Technologist
          Current Contractor, more than 10 years
          Business Outlook

Pros

Abilities to network with coworkers, opportunity to learn new techniques and processes from different utilities through travel, personally I like the travel and long outage hours (if I didn't, I'd go house)

Cons

No benefits to speak of. The health insurance has always been laughable and when it cuts to cobra in the off season its prohibitively expensive. No 401k to speak of, $200/annual match is a damn insult. Zero room for advancement as any/all of the few lead/supervisor/alarm positions are always filled with retired house techs or through nepotism and not based on ability or merit. Recruiters primary job seems to be to lie to the technicians in the rare event that they actually answer a phone call or email. Site coordinators. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a tech that knows, for sure, what a coordinators job actually is. Most of them don't seem to do much beyond payroll and using their position to do things that are ethically questionable. Our pay, while okay, is far below where it should be. When plants like Diablo can pay techs 2x what BHI is paying us and still save money over going through thus company its clear that our top heavy "management" structure is way too dependant on the money we're working for.

Discover more reviews about BHI Energy.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Senior Product Manager

Anyone interview at stubhub for a product manager role recently?

0 Comments

Analyst

What’s a good reason if someone’s asks why your willing to leave a full time job for a temporary role?

21 Comments

Analytical Chemist

Do you experience that how long the hiring process would take at Thermo Fisher? I got my second interview with hiring manager at the beginning of November but I haven’t heard nothing from them. When I’ve emailed them to check in they just said that the process would be slow, no time frame. I would be able to get an offer soon from other company but work as contractor. Should I wait for Thermo Fisher?

8 Comments