BJ's Restaurants - Management is very unprofessional. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

"Management is very unprofessional."

Current Employee - Busser in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Busser in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only reason I would work at bj's is for the tips. The tips at this specific restaurant were very good at times. Easy cause as a busser you don't have to deal with customers as much.

Cons

The cons were many the management is horrible, they are unapproachable when they are stressed out. They know they're going to have to deal with customers that are angry so why did they become a manager if they can't handle the pressure. I left because we were always short staffed and they kept giving me more duties as if I got paid more or was a supervisor and blamed me for mistakes of my fellow co-workers they were not in a higher or lower position than me.

Advice to Management

Advice to the CEO is to change management before everyone quits. I was on the verge of starting a strike with fellow co-workers we as restaurant employees don't get paid enough to be putting up with angry customers, managers that are cussing you out, managers that make you do things not in job description such as being an electrician and plumber.

Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

1. "Downward"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance, great 401k match up and great vacation pay.

Cons

I worked for this company for a few years and I don't have any regrets but I know I got out out at the right time as the former CEO did and about 12 other managers. Some of the decisions upper management made the pass 2 years is sending this once awesome concept to ground. One of those decisions was to set one of the main TV's on the fox channel news, but the decision that really went straight to the heart of this company is the implementation of the 1/9 verify program......I am an independent when it comes to political affiliation, but I can see this company it's run by a true Republican, not wrong or bad but they should be more discreet about their political preference.

Advice to Management

You know what to do so do it.......

"Up and Coming"

Former Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great idea. Good Food System seems to work and the restaurant is expanding

Cons

Since BJs has changed hands the corporate office seems to care less for their employees or on development.