BJC HealthCare - WWathWwathc out for the contracting staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BJC HealthCare

"WWathWwathc out for the contracting staff"

Former Employee - Contract Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Contract Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at BJC HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wasn't there long enough to realize any.

Cons

I was hired in a Contract Manager....a job that appears to be always open. There is a reason for that. The contract office is mainly women. If they don't like you, they will trump up something to get rid of you...in my case it was that I made a sexually offensive comment to someone then laughed in their face when they supposedly confronted me about it. I always addressed everyone as "yes Ma'am...no, Ma'am....yes, sir...no sir." I never used profanity. But I ran afoul of the mostly female contracting staff. And when they were firing me I asked the to tell me what I supposedly said and who I said it to. They refused to answer either question.

Other Employee Reviews for BJC HealthCare

1. "Disappointing Leadership"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at BJC HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BJC has some of the best staff I have ever encountered. They are devoted to taking care of their patients and helping each other. The mission of providing the best care is foremost in the staff's thoughts and actions.

Cons

Leadership, especially senior leadership needs to walk the talk. For all the talk about values, specifically integrity that they did at my organization, senior leaders frequently fail to behave in a manner that appears to be in alignment with the values. We just had a layoff to save money by eliminating FTEs yet most of the positions that they "eliminated" are now posted online and are being refilled. Its really disappointing.

2. "Hectic and rewarding with a glimmer of greatness."

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Brentwood, MO
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Brentwood, MO

I have been working at BJC HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A positive outlook on work/life balance, near bleeding edge technology for some platforms and a definite local positive impact for your job.

Cons

Structure, political infighting and attrition to theoretically higher paying positions are the biggest 'cons' to working in IT at BJC. Be prepared to jump from topic-topic quickly.

Advice to Management

Further emphasize the local impact of projects; avoid marginalizing your skilled employees.