BMM Transportation - If you take one day off you're fired!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BMM Transportation

"If you take one day off you're fired!!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMM Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at several sales companies this job sucks!!

Cons

You work over 50 hours a week. You are not paid on a salaried scale because if you take a day off they dock you eight hours. They like pushovers not real professionals. They also are not a true transportation cmpany because they don't have trucks. They are strictly a logistics company.

Advice to Management

You guys down their need to put a real system in place for your sales people. Also you need to write up an attendance policy so that every employee will know what is expected of them before you fire them.

Other Employee Reviews for BMM Transportation

"BMM Transportation, the ultimate smoke screen"

Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMM Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're happy making no money, working 50+ hrs for peanuts, and being put down everyday. Then this job is for you!

Cons

Owners are extremely shady and do not speak in english half of the time. You are working out of a smelly basement, kiss the Sun and happiness goodbye! Lowest salary and commisions in the industry. The owners will put you down and talk bad about you behind your back, when you quit they will tell all your clients they fired you. They do not work as a "team" and will turn the guy next to you against you. Best advice I can give you is to never start. They do not care about you, and will throw you under a bus the first chance they get. They do not pay on time, and more than 50% of the time its the incorrect amount.

2. "Great job, great company that continues to grow!!"

I have been working at BMM Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Commission starts within 30 days (other logistic companies wait a year or more)
    -Great location for people from the suburbs or from the city
    -Top of the line coffee machine!
    -With the company growing comes new roles being implemented. (I became a manager after being with the company 9 months)
    -For competitive people, this job is for you! Sky is the limit if you feel comfortable talking to people.
    Lunch bought for the entire office multiple times a quarter
    -1 hr lunch

Cons

-Hours are 7am to 5pm but is standard for this industry. (As mentioned above, coffee machine is amazing and used often)
    -Office is freezing in the summer but for some people they love it. I am not one of them

Honestly, hard for me to come up with more cons.

Advice to Management

None at this time