BMO Financial Group - Good corporate culture | Glassdoor

"Good corporate culture"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are very organized, well marketed and have a robust product offering. They understand what works and are willing to build on it

Cons

Audit and Legal rule the roost. They almost trip on themselves and getting anything done requires too much red tape.

Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group

1. "Bait, Switch."

Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The branch level folks are great to work with, by and large.. but there is distinct silo-ing between bank and broker, thanks to the removal of incentives to refer.

Cons

Very little seasoned support in the field so I work way too many hours. Back office is miserable to work with with few exceptions, as the good ones were tossed out in the merger. Salaries went away when BMO came to town. I have to pay out of pocket for managed money client account processing (MONTHLY!). $10 per client, per month. 100 clients... $12,000 out of my poicket per year... AND take my salary away? Really? See ya.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward. Don't sugar coat. Don't be so greedy. INVEST in your FA's... maybe some formal sales training to keep the talent growing in practice and compliant.

"Changed for the worse"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The health insurance is relatively inexpensive and vacation benefits are pretty good, hours are convenient for the employees.

Cons

Technology still not up to par, manager's know less than the employees, sales goals are unrealistic and the products are changing for the worse and making it harder to recommend

Advice to Management

Step into the shoes of your employees and see how overwhelmed they are with all of your unrealistic expectations and goals given the technology and products available. We are trying but we need more support!