BMO Financial Group - Well structured company | Glassdoor

"Well structured company"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

well structured and job description is well defined

Cons

too many process to push things through

Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group

1. "Best people bank for sure and best client service and great management!"

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, everyone is very social and a positive environment in all the different branches. We like to serve our clients and outperform but most of all, the client is best served in a TIMELY FASHION and online banking is easy so everything is very well structured and training is easy and transition into your position seems like you have been there this whole time.

Cons

Not open on Sundays and I am still in school so it would be easier for me but I am sure it would be even better if it were open on Sundays and clients that work 9 to 5 would have time to come to the branch and spend more quality time with the people.

Advice to Management

Open your doors on sundays! Create a Spanish Bank. 50% of US will be Spanish, a lot of immigration coming so create a dedicated Spanish team in Quebec As well, become a leader and a first mover and people will recognize it!

"Friendly, nice atmosphere, and good work- life flexibility."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, lots of growth opportunities to compete with larger higher ranking banks that have greater financial resources and FTEs.

Cons

Lots of sIlos leading to inefficiencies and duplication, lack of financial resources and poor performance limits investment in growth opportunities and employee bonuses. Sales resources and tools are too basic for higher end client advice and information. Service oriented culture in the branches, staff lack sales drive. Benefits are very poor compared to other financial institutions.

Advice to Management

Break the silos, consolidate groups, provide clearer direction to staff, and ensure compensation is more competitive to retain and attract top talent. Health/dental benefits are worst than at other FIs and should be re-evaluated to stay competitive.