BMO Financial Group - Good Start | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Good Start"

Current Employee - Customer Contact Agent in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Contact Agent in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It seems like an easy way to work up. Flexible hours helps me concentrate on studies.

Cons

Not really prime location when you think of working at a bank, but its a start. The pay is kinda low when compared to other call centre reps, but i guess the benefit is inbound.

Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group

"Screwed from day 1, should never have accepted the promotion, but would never have recieved another had I not."

Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning
    Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning

I worked at BMO Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Variety of Products, good pay strcture, good systems, great partners.good training systems.

Cons

No patience, was given half the size portofoli but exptected to perform same as full portfolio of Clients. Too much turnover, 5 FP's in 4 years, and my position was not replaced but intergrated into other FP. Obvously not large enough portfolio to warrant a full time FP, but took my failure to prove that, thanks.

Advice to Management

Clients DO NOT LIKE CONSTANT CHANGE. Was willing to put up w lower pay due to smaller portfolio, and build but never given a chance, and ISM was rouge. Was of no real help. Sometimes slower results can build, and redevelop trust and confidence in the bank over time and the staff they deal with daily, but not with a revolving door on the role, and other roles too. Spent 2 yrs as as FSM 3 learning products and systems, you invested a lot in me to get impatient and not look at the big picture. Your loss and stockholders loss too.

2. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An excellent company that offers good benefits. It also provides a good work-life balance. They are pretty good about continuing education. However, a lot depends on your manager. If your manager is good, all is well. If you have a bad manager then you can have problems and it's very difficult to move to another position.

Cons

It is very hard to move up or to even make a lateral move outside your line of business. It seems that they don't have an internal strategy of cross-educating people so that you can move to another position in another area of the bank.

Advice to Management

Career development conversations never happen. This should change.