BMO Harris Bank - Excellent company to work for, great environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank

"Excellent company to work for, great environment"

Current Employee - Portfolio Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Portfolio Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, culture, advancement opportunities

Cons

Location, busy downtown city, no parking

Advice to Management

continue with what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank

"Painful - No other way to describe it"

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank part-time

Pros

There seems to be a low turnover rate in operations.
    Decent benefits.

Cons

1) Management: Terrible, terrible, terrible! No communication to employees and others from management whatsoever. If they do actually attempt to communicate changes to employees, it is less than vague. Never ever have I seen such horrible leadership examples as I have with BMO Harris managers. Mid managers (work coordinators) do all of the work and yet take all of the blame when 9 times out of 10 it was a manager who made an error. Usually senior managers are then pulled in to clean up their mess and by then it's too late.

2) Pay is very low for the level of work/quality/dedication employees show BMO Harris everyday.

3) Since the recent conversion with M & I bank, former M & I employees (now forced to be BMO employees) in the branches have suffered immensely from the mishaps of this less than smooth conversion. So far, all of their cries for help have fallen on the deaf ears that are senior managers and the corporate heads. Some words of advice to corporate: if you are losing your customers and employees at an alarming rate, maybe it is time to restructure your commitment to an "excellent customer experience" because as of right now, you fail.

4) Poor planning of new processes. Old technology. Lack of morale due to employees being overworked and underpaid - not to mention unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Support your employees through this painful conversion! It is no employees fault that it did not switch over smoothly, yet employees are suffering while trying to repair damages. These 60+ hour work weeks are hard on everyone. Our customers are the ones suffering the most. They are the bank's bread and butter and if they go, none of this will matter because we will all be collecting unemployment.
    If you cannot communicate properly and be a competent leader, please switch places with someone who can.

""

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at BMO Harris Bank full-time

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Big corporation. Doesn't seem to care about customers, even though the push customer service.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees