BMO Harris Bank - Senior service rep | Glassdoor

"Senior service rep"

Former Employee - Senior Service Representative in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Senior Service Representative in Aurora, IL

I worked at BMO Harris Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, and vacation time

Cons

I felt I was forced out of my job just last week due to harassment by my boss. I did speak to his boss and HR but was in fear of retaliation so I thought best that I just left the company. this affected me greatly as I worked for the company for over 3 years. they need to put the branch managers through more extensive training on how to deal with employees

Advice to Management

see above

Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Senior Service Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Service Representative

I worked at BMO Harris Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Working hours are flexible and easy to work with.

Cons

Sales focused company. Revenue goals are extremely high and not obtainable.

Advice to Management

Hire from within the company. The reason for so many turnovers is because there's no growth opportunities.

"Just another typically lousy corporate employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get three weeks of vacation. Decent health insurance, even if the premiums are ridiculous compared to your crappy salary.

Cons

The pay is awful. I don't make a living wage here, on top of which my insurance premiums takes a huge chuck out of my paycheck. I have to live in the home of some friends, because otherwise I couldn't afford to pay my bills. When you do well, it's not noticed or appreciated, but you can be assured that every mistake you make, no matter how small, will be pointed out. The one person on my team who was recognized and promoted into a leadership position is unhelpful, uncommunicative, rude, condescending, and one of the most generally unpleasant people I've ever had the misfortune of working with. Everything is in a rush all the time and you're constantly expected to do more with less. The technology/network is atrocious and the IT people are generally incompetent and unhelpful. If there were any way at all that I could afford it, I would quit tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Try paying people a living wage and stop being obsessed with everything bigger, better, faster, and more. Recover a sense of human values beyond increasing the total gross corporate income.