BNP Media - Used to be a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNP Media

"Used to be a good place to work"

Pros

Decent benefits. 36.5 hour work week, half day Fridays during the summer. Some decent people to work with.

Cons

Senior management is fairly incompetent at competing in the changing marketplace. No corporate strategy has been set or communicated to the employees. Employees are treated as butts in the seats - everyone is replaceable. Director level is filled with friends and family who treat their department as a fiefdom. Politics are rampant. Don't cross those with ties to ownership.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as a resource. Get a strategy, figure out how to compete and encourage your employees to participate in your plans.

BNP Media Response

Jul 22, 2017 – co-CEO

We agree that we have a great staff! Our "Working Your Way" policy is one of the top cited benefits of working at BNP Media, and this review predates the introduction of the "Working... More

Other Employee Reviews for BNP Media

"I've had better jobs, and I've had worse."

Former Employee - Editorial in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Editorial in Troy, MI

Pros

The company provides steady work. They keep you plenty busy. BNP provides somewhat progressive benefits and a decent work environment, unless business is in a downturn (in which case, many of these perks are withdrawn). A base, 35.25 hour work week is nice and, during the summer, the company gives you a half-day off every other Friday.

Cons

The company is rife with nepotism. The caliber and competency of certain managers, especially mid-level divisional management, is sorely lacking. Being a family-owned enterprise, it is run much like a fiefdom. "Little Rockefellers" is how I'd describe ownership. They exude a certain arrogance and seem to think Dale Carnegie is the solution to all that ails them.

Advice to Management

Clear out the mid-level management deadwood. There's a lot of it.

BNP Media Response

Jul 22, 2017 – co-CEO

We agree that we have great benefits! Our "WorkingYour Way" policy is one of the top cited benefits of working at BNP Media, and this review predates the introduction of the "Working... More

2. "Intern"

Pros

Good training friendly staff approachable management. Interesting projects and u get to deal with clients from an early stage

Cons

Long hours when seniors are overloaded you are left on your own

Advice to Management

Through busy periods focus also on the interns