BNSF Railway - BNSF-not a bad place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNSF Railway

"BNSF-not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer/Conductor in Amarillo, TX
Current Employee - Locomotive Engineer/Conductor in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at BNSF Railway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most positions offer great pay, benefits and retirement. Many positions also allow for a flexible schedule.

Cons

Coroporate managament is grossly out of touch with the labor force. They also don't agree that everyone should share in the company's success. The culture lacks a teamwork mentality.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like equals. We may not have the multi-million dollar salaries or the BH stock options, but you wouldn't either if it weren't for us. You should foster more of a team mentality and stop perpetuating the "us versus them" mindset.

Other Employee Reviews for BNSF Railway

1. "Bnsf best railroad in the USA"

Current Employee - Boilermaker/Blacksmith in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Boilermaker/Blacksmith in Topeka, KS

I have been working at BNSF Railway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay excellent benefits and the safest environment you'll ever work in. If you want to work around the best coworkers in the world, this is the place to be. You will not find a better company top to bottom in the country.

Cons

None, zero, cannot think of anything negative !!!!

Advice to Management

None they really have it together.

"Good as long as you dont have a slight disability. If so forget about it!"

Former Employee - Helper Welder in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Helper Welder in Lubbock, TX

I worked at BNSF Railway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

4 on 3 off work schedule. Great pay and benefits. Great if you get a yard job or if your single and can travel.

Cons

Company does NOT like and is very discrimitory against people with slight disabilites. They want a perfect workforce. Little family time. Layoffs regular. Senority is a big thing, its not about what you know its about how long you have been there. Someone with more years than you can come in and just take your job leaving you jobless for a little while. Management seems to not care at all about the union protected employees. BNSF= Better Not Start a Family!

Advice to Management

Have more of an open mind and compassion for people with slight disabilites. Just because they have a little something wrong with them does not mean they are not valuable assets. Most have more to offer than your normal workforce. Work on your ethics. Care as much for the employees as you do yourself. Put yourself in their shoes. At the end of the day we are all just trying to make a living and feed our family.