BNY Mellon - In a limited amount of time I have broadened my scope of experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

"In a limited amount of time I have broadened my scope of experience."

Current Employee - Legal Personal in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Legal Personal in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BNY Mellon is not a competitor of retail banks, thus the experience is different then one would gain at a domestic (USA) retail bank. The bank makes an effort to promote diversity and community outreach. The bank streamlines processes rather well.

Cons

The workload is stringent and the merit increases are close to nothing. The merging of BNY and Mellon has been slow and appears to have affected the morale of many employees because of the polar opposite corporate cultures.

Advice to Management

Involve employees more in daily operations.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

1. "Old time BNY'ers are on the way out"

Current Employee - IT in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Old Time BNY'ers try to continue with the culture of working together

Cons

The Mellon culture is taking over

Advice to Management

rebuild the BNY culture

"From Ok to Bad to Worse"

Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're a less than ideal employee: No repurcussions or accountability for you.
    If you're in India: Our jobs are coming your way!
    We have several new colors added to our marketing material.

Cons

No direct HR contact for our location; HR helpline cannot give precise or direct answers to any benefits questions (such as health coverage, the use of HSA and the use of FSA). Red tape abounds to get any process completed. No incentive to take initiative or cross-sell because there is no direct compensation for either. No back-filling of jobs as departments lose employees through attrition and lay-offs. Everyone is doing two to three times the work with no compensation to match or gratitude. Morale is at all time low regardless of location. Jobs are increasingly being outsourced to India. I suppose that's a "Pro" if you're in India. No way to have voices heard or acknowledged. Higher ups are not reachable. Managers are not empowered to make sound business decisions for their line of business. Every department is very siloed. Proactive communication is non existent. Forecast of company business is dim. Perks are slowly being taken away.

Advice to Management

Read and take to heart all of the comments submitted during the annual employee survey; we all know the results were not as positive as you imply.