BNY Mellon - In a limited amount of time I have broadened my scope of experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

"In a limited amount of time I have broadened my scope of experience."

Current Employee - Legal Personal in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Legal Personal in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BNY Mellon is not a competitor of retail banks, thus the experience is different then one would gain at a domestic (USA) retail bank. The bank makes an effort to promote diversity and community outreach. The bank streamlines processes rather well.

Cons

The workload is stringent and the merit increases are close to nothing. The merging of BNY and Mellon has been slow and appears to have affected the morale of many employees because of the polar opposite corporate cultures.

Advice to Management

Involve employees more in daily operations.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

1. "Old time BNY'ers are on the way out"

Current Employee - IT in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Old Time BNY'ers try to continue with the culture of working together

Cons

The Mellon culture is taking over

Advice to Management

rebuild the BNY culture

"No where to go"

Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will give you $10,000 per year for school right off the bat, problem is that they grab students who are fresh off out of undergrad, pay them a low wage and lock them in a spot until they finish grad school.

Cons

There is no where to grow or move to. I have been here for 2 years making less than $35K a year and have only received a $300 pay increase since then, and that's with great year end reviews. They claim that raises "are not in the budget" but our company has been increasing profits every quarter. I cannot leave because I started going back to school so my only options are to stick it out and finish school or pay back $8K and get a new job. The reason I want to leave is that my degree is in Accounting and looking at my job description you would think this is a good spot for me, but its not. I do no accounting what and deal with more stress and headaches than the pay is worth. Do not trust their job descriptions if you are looking at working here. Also, they have been cutting our benefits back more and more each year.

Advice to Management

Give us room to grow and at least increase our wages with inflation. You are making millions of dollars and the rest of us cannot even afford to pay our student loans.