BNY Mellon - Old time BNY'ers are on the way out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

"Old time BNY'ers are on the way out"

Current Employee - IT in New York, NY
Current Employee - IT in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Old Time BNY'ers try to continue with the culture of working together

Cons

The Mellon culture is taking over

Advice to Management

rebuild the BNY culture

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

"From Ok to Bad to Worse"

Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're a less than ideal employee: No repurcussions or accountability for you.
    If you're in India: Our jobs are coming your way!
    We have several new colors added to our marketing material.

Cons

No direct HR contact for our location; HR helpline cannot give precise or direct answers to any benefits questions (such as health coverage, the use of HSA and the use of FSA). Red tape abounds to get any process completed. No incentive to take initiative or cross-sell because there is no direct compensation for either. No back-filling of jobs as departments lose employees through attrition and lay-offs. Everyone is doing two to three times the work with no compensation to match or gratitude. Morale is at all time low regardless of location. Jobs are increasingly being outsourced to India. I suppose that's a "Pro" if you're in India. No way to have voices heard or acknowledged. Higher ups are not reachable. Managers are not empowered to make sound business decisions for their line of business. Every department is very siloed. Proactive communication is non existent. Forecast of company business is dim. Perks are slowly being taken away.

Advice to Management

Read and take to heart all of the comments submitted during the annual employee survey; we all know the results were not as positive as you imply.

"No where to go"

Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will give you $10,000 per year for school right off the bat, problem is that they grab students who are fresh off out of undergrad, pay them a low wage and lock them in a spot until they finish grad school.

Cons

There is no where to grow or move to. I have been here for 2 years making less than $35K a year and have only received a $300 pay increase since then, and that's with great year end reviews. They claim that raises "are not in the budget" but our company has been increasing profits every quarter. I cannot leave because I started going back to school so my only options are to stick it out and finish school or pay back $8K and get a new job. The reason I want to leave is that my degree is in Accounting and looking at my job description you would think this is a good spot for me, but its not. I do no accounting what and deal with more stress and headaches than the pay is worth. Do not trust their job descriptions if you are looking at working here. Also, they have been cutting our benefits back more and more each year.

Advice to Management

Give us room to grow and at least increase our wages with inflation. You are making millions of dollars and the rest of us cannot even afford to pay our student loans.