BNY Mellon - Archaic, but stable company who cares about your future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

"Archaic, but stable company who cares about your future"

Former Employee - Investment Management Services in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Investment Management Services in Orlando, FL

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good 401(k) match. Good vacation time options. Many health and other insurance benefits to choose from. Although primarily a custodial bank, this behemoth has many departments and companies it owns to allow you to expand your career in different areas of the business. Also, one of very few companies left offering a pension plan. Very dedicated to diversity and inclusion among any "minority" group you can think of. Most roles are non-exempt, so overtime helps you increase your salary to a half-decent living situation.

Cons

Terrible advancement rules with upgrades in salary grade or transfers/promotions to other departments. If your current salary is anywhere within the massive range of the salary grade of your promotion or transfer, you keep your salary. This ends up forming groups of people where analysts are hired on making more money than senior members of the team and supervisors, and discourages employees from wanting jobs with extra challenge.
Only the very top of the food chain receives bonuses or stock awards.
Extraordinarily bureaucratic.

Advice to Management

Spend some time revisiting some of the ridiculous rules in place for the advancement of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

"An elephant that can't dance but has solid footing"

Current Employee - Wealth Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Wealth Management in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company stays out of the news media spotlight. One of the most secure companies.

Cons

No perks. No lunch room. No fun. We come to work and sit all day alone in our offices communicating with our computers. Employees are still pissed that the Board paid the last CEO $34 million to go away, even though they never should have brought him back.

Advice to Management

This market has humbled you. Stay that way.

2. "Blahhh"

Current Employee - ETF Accountant in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - ETF Accountant in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to improve my communication skills by training new hires on how to handle the day to day task. Lots of client interaction.

Cons

Automated Process for many of the task. Hard to distinguish between employees, Zero focus on employee retention and engagement. Lots of downtime

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to have the employees engaged. Figure out way to increase talent.