BNY Mellon - No where to go | Glassdoor

"No where to go"

Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will give you $10,000 per year for school right off the bat, problem is that they grab students who are fresh off out of undergrad, pay them a low wage and lock them in a spot until they finish grad school.

Cons

There is no where to grow or move to. I have been here for 2 years making less than $35K a year and have only received a $300 pay increase since then, and that's with great year end reviews. They claim that raises "are not in the budget" but our company has been increasing profits every quarter. I cannot leave because I started going back to school so my only options are to stick it out and finish school or pay back $8K and get a new job. The reason I want to leave is that my degree is in Accounting and looking at my job description you would think this is a good spot for me, but its not. I do no accounting what and deal with more stress and headaches than the pay is worth. Do not trust their job descriptions if you are looking at working here. Also, they have been cutting our benefits back more and more each year.

Advice to Management

Give us room to grow and at least increase our wages with inflation. You are making millions of dollars and the rest of us cannot even afford to pay our student loans.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

1. "Large organization with strong balance sheet and opportunities for growth"

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Large organization with strong balance sheet
    Good inhouse training opportunities
    Good work life balance

Cons

Not an innovator
    People are good but not very entrpreneurial
    Silos within the bank make it difficult to get things done and to get certain groups to take ownership
    Cannot easily process anything that is out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

Incubate innovation in smaller groups

"Bad Attitudes and Way Behind on Technology"

Current Employee - Securities Lending Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Securities Lending Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company with many different opportunities. Once you work there for a year you can apply for other positions with much higher salaries.

Cons

I worked in operations which is crappy at any company but especially bad here because of the lack of new technology. The company is more willing to hire someone in Pittsburgh or India to do more work instead of investing in new software or computer systems that could do the work without any mistakes and much faster. This leads to a lot of friction between BNY Mellon and some brokers and most of the time its entry level people that have to take the heat from brokers on the phone. Also, everyone there has a very 9 to 5 mentality. the prevailing attitude is that they are just there for the paycheck thats all.

Advice to Management

Invest much more heavily in technology. If this actually was put in place one person in the future could do the same amount of work three people do currently.