BNY Mellon - Frustrating | Glassdoor

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - Analyst in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great.

Cons

There were people on the projects that I never met. Most of the time I was unaware they even had anything to do with the project

Advice to Management

Deal with individuals as people instead of numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

"EMPLOYEE AT THE DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES LOCATION"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only required to put in 7.5 hours of work/day. Great flexibility and benefits and nothing else.

Cons

Where to start: horrible management (lack people skills), growth opportunity (tend to hire from outside or make positions from seniors who left into non senior positions), lack of professionalism, pay is a joke - 1.5% if you are lucky (isn't inflation 3% a year?), the list goes on and on. If you think about it, BNY Mellon is the backoffice for asset managers. Having said that, there's no opportunity to grow since the Downtown Los Angeles location has one large client that is quickly taking its business in house or moving jobs back to Pittsburgh. People who have any sense of ambition are dropping like flies. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Advice to Management

None. This place will become obsolete as this site will eventually close down.

"6 year employee-Disgruntled as hell!"

Current Employee - Trust Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Trust Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Vacation and location probably the only reason I'm still here and haven't jumped ship. Get it together!

Cons

Pay is way below industry standard. How America's oldest bank continues to outsource jobs overseas is sad. Morale is terrible because operating model changes have increased stress, workload, and aggravation. The only thing that does not increase are our wages. 1.5% if you hit the top of their expectations. My last increase was sucked up by taxes.

Advice to Management

Get a clue as to what the folks on the bottom of the chain are doing. Telling people that they can feel free to work someplace else because they are dissatisfied with the bs you created is not fair. You get your increases, why can't we? We are doing all the work and you all are making it up as you go.