BNY Mellon - Good, but could be better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

"Good, but could be better."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

Safe and stable. Despite the "Bank" in the name, not a traditional bank. Mostly asset servicing, asset mgt and private wealth.

Cons

Different units never seem to know what the others are doing. For example, we sell accounting services and analytical software. But most internal units use products from competitors. Something like 19 different accounting systems used at the various asset mgt units. And they go outside to Barra, FactSet and RiskMetrics instead of in-house products. To contrast, the largest user of Yield Book is Citigroup. If a product or service isn't used by your own people, how good can it be?

Advice to Management

Work better to develop synergies between units where it makes sense. Obviously groups should be run independently, but where it makes sense to work together (unified asset management reporting), get them to talk to each other. Avoid having units compete with each other. Also don't be afraid to give us bad news. When we aren't doing well, we'll all like to know. Let us know what we can do to grow the business. And finally I'd like to see Excellent promoted across the firm. A lot time we strive to be average, when we could do much better.

Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon

"At least we aren't going under"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

nice offices, and some nice people. We get in someways overloaded with information, which if I didn't have a job to do I could spend the whole day reading. I'm glad they got out of the mortgage business and happy they are conservative.

Cons

no promotional opportunities. cubicles are small, , not enough people, layoffs frequently. Would like closer scrutiny of the managers in Jersey City, they have some very weak ones.

Advice to Management

get rid of the old boys network, put in standards for managers and make them accountable

2. "A new horizon?"

Current Employee - Vice President- Client Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President- Client Services in New York, NY

Pros

The"new" organization seems to be more employee friendly.

Cons

Uncertainties surrounding what will survive the merger

Advice to Management

In order to really win over the employee base, you must sustain the new approaches post merger. Do not make it a one shot deal.